To get here
Särna is located in Älvdalen Municipality in the North-West area of Dalarna, towards the Norwegian border. Peculiarity of the town is to be situated in the center of the Scandinavian Peninsula, equally far from Swedish Baltic coastline as well as from Atlantic coast of Norway.
Starrbacksvägen 8, S-790 90, Särna.
Road distances to Särna:
• Stockholm 460 km
• Stockholm Arlanda airport 425 km
• Stockholm Skavsta airport 470 km
• Göteborg 535 km
• Malmö 800 km
• Trondheim 350 km
• Oslo 300 km
• Oslo Gardermoen airport 265 km
Bus, train and flights
• Dalatrafik, busses in Dalarna.
• Swebus Express, long dinstance busses in Sverige.
• Fjällexpressen, busses from Stockholm, Göteborg and Köpenhamn to the mountain stations in vinter.
• SJ. Swedish Railways.
Plan your trip by train or bus with ResRobot!
• Ryan Air
• from South-East along the road 70 (Kopparleden) from Mora
• from the East, coming from Sveg
• from the North (Tännäs), road 311.
• from the South on the roads 71 and 311 from Malung.
In Särna, coming from...
...from Mora or Sveg: drive toward the village center, pass the 50 km/h sign, and after 400 m turn left at Länsmansgården sign.
...from Idre and Tännäs: drive across the twon, pass the Camping (at your left) and turn right 50 m after, at Länsmansgården sign.
...from Malung and Sälen: at the "T" stop in town, turn right and after 200 m, at Länsmansgården sign, turn right once again.